Monday, March 14, 2011

SLOW COOKER LASAGNA

I haven't had a chance to post anything lately, but have no fear, I have not quit cooking.  There has just been a lot going on around here.  My parents have been in town visiting and I just haven't had time to sit down and work on this.  One night last week they were coming over, and rather than stress out trying to fix some elaborate meal, I made Slow Cooker Lasagna.  If you  want to get technical about it, it's not really lasagna (you'll see when you read the recipe), but it is REALLY good, and best of all, REALLY simple.  You can put everything in the slow cooker and walk away.  What's not to love?

SLOW COOKER LASAGNA

2 pkgs ravioli                                                   
2 16oz jar spaghetti sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese

Spray a 5-6 qt slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.  Spoon a little sauce to cover the bottom lightly.  Add  layers of ravioli, sauce, and cheese.  Repeat layers, ending with cheese.  Turn on low and cook for 3-4 hours. 



Notes: I freeze my ravioli’s when I bring them home from the store, so the cooking time is for frozen raviolis.  You can pick whatever flavor  ravioli your family likes (cheese, mushroom, meat, lobster, etc).  And the same for your spaghetti sauce.  You can  use any store bought sauce that you like (garlic, meat, marinara, etc). 

Serve with a tossed salad and garlic bread, and you have one delicious meal.  Since I was short on time, I served Publix Tuscan Roasted Garlic Bread, rather than making my own.  Trust me; their bread is soooo delicious!  

 Before I go, here's today's music to cook by.  Another one of those random videos I found on YouTube after listening to Pandora. 


 Until next time, Happy Cooking! :)

If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom.  ~Terri Guillemets
TAGS: Slow Cooker

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It